Wednesday, April 29, 2026

Review: Jaws

Jaws Jaws by Peter Benchley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Review: I'm a very big fan of the relationship between Ellen and Hooper, and what Hooper's death could mean in the context of traditional horror tropes (specifically the concept of a person dying as punishment for having sex). It was really cool to see a story with such a complicated female lead from this time period, especially one whose sexual desires are explored in a judgment-free environment. Though I suppose the judgment is supposed to be doled out by the reader.

Very fun book! Overall, and aside from the Ellen stuff, I have the same thoughts toward it that I have towards the movie, though I enjoyed the book much more.


The Movie

Jaws film poster
  • Watched: Oct 20, 2023; Apr 10, 2026
  • Re-watched with Neil and Nico.
  • My rating: 3.5 Stars

Review: It's alright.


Bonus: a snippet from one of Neil's reviews, which I just think is really funny.

it's seems the nine year olds from the school have been... karate-ing the picket fences!!

View all of my book reviews | View all of my movie reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment